Wednesday 27 November 2013

Week 2

No Slab Still

Our slab was due to be poured (November 27th), I hadn't heard from anyone at PD so I presumed/assumed it would go ahead as per schedule. So I decided to travel to the block (3 hours drive there and back) and have a peek, to my disappointment, no slab, no prep work either, but I did get to see the site cut pre pour. We have electricity connected now, temp fencing up, port a loo, I was excited just to see that. PD did call me later in the day, pour is now rescheduled to December 6th. Also my left hand side neighbour has been storing a left over pallet of roof tiles on my property, PD are asking me to have them removed asap, I asked the neighbour to remove them two weeks ago, hope this doesn't cause me drama.





6 comments:

  1. Great to read your blog to date CL, lots of work to get to here, now the fun begins. Good luck with the slab pour. MummaDJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MummaDJ, hope you are enjoying your new home, it is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work CL. The blog looks great already. Lets hope you get what Christmas wish.. By the way, we also chose light leather render. AJD78

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AJD, I would love to see some pictures of your render when it's done, I chose Light Leather to lighten my home, my bricks (Blackwood) are quite dark in color and I chose brown tones (Jasper and Dune) for my highlights.

      Delete
  4. We are building Montague 25 as well. How excited we building the same house!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How great :) Will be really interesting comparing our homes together, to see what upgrades we both chose and how they compare to each other!

      Delete