Thursday 21 November 2013

House Plans

I looked at so many homes for so long that after a while they all started to just give me a headache thinking about them! I really needed a small block of land, with the biggest house I could build on it. I just don't have the time or the energy to spend on gardening and maintenance.  Our family had good experiences with Porter Davis in a previous build, and were happy with the experience and the quality of the home, so I knew they were definitely the builder for us.

I finally decided on a Montague 21 with the Living, 4th Bedroom, Extended Kitchen and Grand Alfresco option, this brings it up to 25sq. I made quite a few changes within the home to accommodate my husband's needs.

Most changes were made in the ensuite, and PD were so helpful with redesigning it to suit our needs, showering is so difficult for us, it was important that I got this right. I widened doorways, removed shower screens and shower hubs, added a double doorway entrance to the garage (internal), extended the Grand Alfresco even more to fit the width of the house.

I did have to make some sacrifices to get the house to fit on the block. The portico for instance was cut back, as well as the width of the Alfresco.

This has been such a difficult time for me personally, my husband was a tradie, so he was always the one who made decisions in regards to building/renovating our home. Post stroke he isn't well enough to decide what he would like to eat or drink let alone look at house plans. To say this has been overwhelming for me is a massive understatement, but I am determined to make this work for us, so we can have our little bit of Heaven in the Country together :)



No comments:

Post a Comment