Sunday 16 February 2014

Week 12

It certainly has been a week of drama at the block! Bushfires were raging this week in and around Kilmore, lucky for us we were unaffected, but many in the Kilmore have lost livestock, and several poor souls lost their  homes.

The Kilmore-Lancefield Rd was road blocked by police for several days, so much to my surprise when I arrived Sunday morning finding a tradesman there cleaning the bricks, they look beautiful.  The other tradies were back in asap as well and they have certainly been busy since my last visit.

Doors, architraves, eaves (cement sheeting up) are now all complete. The hebel was also done yesterday, I quite like the look of it, but will like it even more once it is painted (Light Leather).

Cabinetry has started to be installed in the kitchen and laundry. I am still waiting for the correct kitchen doors and draws to be delivered.

The new alfresco door is sitting inside the garage waiting to be installed, I think it will look much nicer than the one currently there.

I did discover a major concern today though, the kitchen window is not in the right position, I double checked the house plans and kitchen window elevation and then checked it against the display home, and yep it is definitely wrong. This is going to be a major drama I just know it.

Update: PD contacted me bright and early Monday morning and kitchen window and alfresco door are both booked in to be done on Thursday, I also have a 7:30am meeting in Kilmore with my SS that day, I will be up and on the road very early!




 







2 comments:

  1. Hope everyting is all right after the bushfire. & Thanks for your photos, your new stacker door looks very good, that's much better. And I can see your render has been finished. What happen to your kitchen window?? They should be more closer to the left hand side?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kitchen window above the sink is set to high, it is supposed to be at bench height and be a lot lower similar to the kitchen reveal window that you can see at the back, there will be overhead cupboards above that smaller window. Anyways they are going to fix it for me, I will post more photo's for you as things change. I am going to the block on Thursday morning to meet the SS.

    ReplyDelete